6 modules (30 hrs of advanced TT500 program) with Sandra & Tom
Our new In-Depth study gives you the opportunity to dive deeper into the tradition and practice of the Ashtanga Yoga method. In six workshops you will learn about the most important aspects of this beautiful system and get guidance how to grow in your personal practice. From the firm seat of your personal practice you can then start sharing and teaching the practice to others. This course is designed for teachers as a part of TT500 program, but also for all ashtanga practitioners who want to deepen their yoga practice and discover more about this traditional dynamic yoga system.
Upon completion of the entire course the students will receive the Certificate of Attendance. The course hours are also counting for Yoga Alliance C.E.
To support sharing and creating a warm Ashtanga community, we will have the lunch-break together in the shala:
to all the participants we are offering free vegan lunch, prepared according to sattvic qualities of yoga!
PLACES ARE LIMITED. RESERVATIONS DIRECTLY IN THE SHALA or at
MODULE 1 - Breath & Vinyasa counting: March 29, 2014
MODULE 2 - Teaching & Adjusting in Mysore setting: May 24, 2014**
MODULE 3 - Exploring the Bandhas: July 12, 2014
MODULE 4 - Energy Flows & Inversions: September 20, 2014
MODULE 5 - Heart Opening Backbends from Primary to Intermediate Series: October 18, 2014
MODULE 6 - Hip Openers from Primary to Advanced (3°) Series: December 6, 2014
The course is taught in English and Croatian.
Timetable: Saturdays from 10:00 to 16:00 (included 1 hr lunch-break)
The benefits of in-depth study:
- Small-size group and motivated participants
- Individual mentoring and support of your teaching, practice and personal development
- Deepening the understanding of the correct physical and energetic alignments of the asanas of Primary Series, and a selection of Intermediate Series
- Learning how to optimally assist in all asanas by giving safe and confident adjustments acording to the individual needs of each student
- Re-energizing your personal practice and learn new aspects to make your daily practice juicy and fun
- Enhancing your teaching skills: adapting Ashtanga classes to the individual needs of different practitioners
- Direct experience of teaching and adjusting other practitioners with direct feedback
- Advancing in your personal practice that unleashes your potential as a teacher
A team of teachers:
Sandra & Tom will share their long-time experience of practicing, studying and teaching Ashtanga method. They both are firmly rooted in the tradition of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, having maintained a daily yoga practice for years, and honouring their teachers as dedicated students. Their teaching is based on their own experience, and on tailoring the practice to each individual, in order to find an ideal practice that suits the momentary needs of the practitioner.
We are excited to share this experience with you!
Established practice of Ashtanga yoga (**a regular Mysore practice is needed), and lively interest to develop and deepen the personal practice and/or teaching. We highly recommend attending the Mysore classes (at least twice a week, morning or afternoon) for the whole length of the course. This will help us to truly get to know your practice, give you personal attention and feedbacks and have an impact on your development.
|Full course study (6 modules):
||2.000 kn / TT 1800 kn*
|| 400 kn / TT 350 kn
* full course payment possible in 2 installments
MODUL 1 DETAILS - Breath & Vinyasa counting (29 March 2014):
- The tradition and history of Ashtanga Yoga
- Breath and full Vinyasa counting class
(lunch time with the movie)
- Anatomy of breathing and its effects on the practice
- Hand-on adjustments according to the proper breath on selected asanas
- The Vinyasa Krama and counting explained and practiced
ASHTANGA MYSORE CHALLENGE with Sandra & Tom
Sandra & Tom will guide you into your daily morning practice throughout the whole month:
MYSORE daily classes (monday to friday from 7:30 to 10:00) + LED class on Sunday.
On moon days we will guide you through kriyas & pranayama practices.
Make it a special occasion to build your discipline, dedication to your daily practice and understanding of the Ashtanga system, and experience for yourself why thousands of Ashtangis all over the world are convinced to be the perfect start of the day.
DON'T MISS IT - all levels welcome!
The period of changing energy from winter to spring is a very special time for cleansing within and the new goals, so don't miss this opportunity for growth! Practicing in the morning accelerates the positive effects of Yoga: after the practice one feels relaxed, calm and with a serene mind, while at the same time subtly energized, enthusiastic and in a great mood for the rest of the day. Also, a healthy breakfast or smoothie will taste heavenly after practice :-)
During the morning practice you can experience the special energy and peacefullness of the Gaia shala with the dawning sun filling the space and making it bright. Everyone is practicing on its own pace, yet still sharing the sacred and strong energy of a new day full of posibilities to discover and seize. It is hard to describe, come and find out for yourself!
Good to know:
- You can come whenever you want and leave whenever you want (entrance in the shala is possible up to 60 minutes after the beginning of the class), so if you have less time on a certain day a shorter practice is possible.
- LED classes on Sunday start at 9:30 am sharply, and will be full Primary with details or correct vinyasa counting.
- You do not have to know the entire sequence, there are teachers to help and by repetition you will learn it very fast.
- If you are new to Mysore or Ashtanga system in general, don't worry: on the first day you'll be given all the necessary instructions, as well as the Primary Series sheet so you can study and refresh the sequence at home.
Try it for a month and you will not regret it. And to give you one more reason to start your daily morning practice NOW, we offer a special Ashtanga Challenge package discount:
|ASHTANGA CHALLENGE CARD:
||(6x a week, valid for all morning Ashtanga classes)
Regular monthly packages / drop-ins also valid!
And if you succeed in being regular throughout the whole month (mon to fri), we'll prize you with 100% discount on your next monthly package. If you manage to come less than that, you will still walk away with increased health and joy!
* Na Mysore satove možete doći do 8:15, dok LED satovi počinju točno u 9:30
INTRO TO ASHTANGA: BEGIN TO KNOW YOUR PRACTICE
workshops with Sandra D. Bianco
The opinion that "mysore-style classes are for advanced practitioners" is common but that does not make it more correct. In fact, mysore-style classes are a great way to start your yoga practice, to learn how to practice on your own and get all the benefits from this beautiful and ancient practice. Like so many things in life, the key to success is not so much being advanced but persistent and doing it regularly, with commitment.
Still mysore-style classes can be intimidating to some people at first. This might show in feelings of being overwhelmed by doing your own practice instead of following what is said by the teacher and being unsure if what you are doing is correct. Also practicing next to "more advanced" yogis might create a feeling of not belonging there.
We offer those workshops to overcome those feelings and have a soft but still deep introduction to Ashtanga / Mysore-style practice. We'll talk about the concept of self-practice in depth and there will be plenty of room to ask all your questions.
- Beginners or students wanting to practice mysore-style but are insecure if they "are ready"
- Students doing the led classes or other styles of yoga and want to start to develop their self-practice
- Students wanting to know more about the concept of Mysore-style and wanting to bring their practice to a deeper, more conscious level
||150 kn x module / 400 kn for the whole package
||120 kn x module / 350 kn for the whole package
Workshops will be held in english.
NADI SHODHANA: INTRO TO INTERMEDIATE SERIES
workshop with Tom Richter
(Saturday from 10:00 to 13:00)
In this workshop we will study the foundation of Intermediate Series. This will include a closer look at the sequencing of the series and guidelines on how to practice safely. Tom's practice for years has been the Intermediate and currently he's learning the Advanced A (Third) Series, so he will teach from his own experience as a dedicated long-term practitioner and teacher.
You will learn about:
- benefits and effects of Intermediate Series
- anatomical focus and correct alignments
- modifications for the more challenging asanas
- prerequesites for learning and practicing the series
The workshop will contain a short lecture to cover the basics (and to give the 1% theory) and a led practice of the main parts of Intermediate Series, in which we will playfully approach the flowing through this beautiful mala of asanas (including lots of fun and laughter).
- students with a steady base in the Primary Series that are ready to proceed in what is coming next
- students already practicing intermediate and wishing to gain a deeper understanding of the Series
- yogis curious about the Ashtanga Intermediate Series
The workshop will be held in english.
GaiaYoga TT 500: 3 sata edukacije